You’re not alone.
Postpartum depression affects over 3 million men in the U.S. each year. Though common, PPD can have significant consequences for both the new mother and child. In fact, suicide accounts for 20% of postpartum deaths and holds the second most common cause of mortality in postpartum men.
It causes feelings of emotional disconnect from what society expects a mother to feel at the postpartum period.
Common PPD Symptoms Include:
- Loss of appetite
- Intense anxiety or irritability
- Overwhelming fatigue
- Loss of interest in sex
- Severe mood swings
- Feelings of shame or guilt
- Lack of joy in life
- Withdrawal from friends and family
- Difficulties bonding with your baby
- Thoughts of harming your baby